Good afternoon, dear readers.
Today- because it is a randomly warm and rainy winter Tuesday, because I have a lot of random crap on the brain, and because I don't feel like cleaning the bathroom or grocery shopping- I shall assemble my random thoughts in list form for your reading enjoyment. (...and lets be honest, who doesn't love to read random lists? Actually, don't answer that...)
taken by the talented Frock, via
1. I loved this movie. I cried my eyes out like a little pansy, but not necessarily because it was sad. It was mostly because of the powerful message of grace, and the incredible talent that I was beholding. These tears were in the same catagory as beautiful-sunset tears and listening-to-Jackie-Evancho-sing tears and eating-amazing-food tears.
Am I the only one who gets misty-eyed over an incredible culinary experience?
2. Speaking of culinary experiences, my mister and I had an epic one this weekend. Our lives are forever changed. The sky has turned a deeper shade of blue, and the future looks ever so bright.
Why? Cheddar Cheese Grits. Thats why.
I want to eat them every day for the rest of my life. I'm hardly kidding. Along with Buttermilk Baconcakes.
Oh. my. goodness.
3. I need to get out of this peculiar cooking rut I am in. I have literally been cooking nothing but soup for the past couple weeks.... and usually it is of the pureed variety. Poor Mister. His wife keeps feeding him baby food. Maybe someday I can learn to cook like the famous Bengali Mama.... a girl can dream, right?
4. I am so excited to have a house of our own to play with, but I'm truly so thankful for where we are right now. I love our little rental and I know leaving it will be bittersweet.
5. Currently listening to (and loving!) this.
6. I loved this post about hospitality. Actually, I just love her whole blog and have been a faithful reader for the past few years. God has seriously used her words to challenge and break my heart in so many ways... my dreams and prayers for the future definitely look a bit different because of this.
7. If you are bored, you should read the reviews for this. Too stinkin' funny!
8. I am looking into this program... anyone have experience/ thoughts?
9. I have developed a dangerous new habit of adding vanilla ice-cream to my coffee. Send help quickly!
10. Do yourself a favor and watch this video:
Well, I'm off to figure out more ways to put off cleaning the bathroom. Wish me luck!
Happy Tuesday, everyone!